Mississauga, ON CA
Our client is a leading manufacturing company with multiple sites across North America.
As a Divisional Controller, you will play a crucial role in overseeing financial activities for a large multi-site manufacturing division. You will be responsible for financial planning, reporting, and analysis, ensuring compliance with regulations, and driving continuous improvement in financial processes.
What our client has to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- 3 weeks vacation + personal days
- Benefits and RSP contributions
- Hybrid work schedule
This is a great opportunity for an experienced leader to join a nationally recognized company who is interested in mentoring a team and focusing on business partnerships. If the above sounds like you, please apply today or email Adam Walsh quoting job #6079.
- Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Develop and manage the annual budget for the division.
- Provide insightful analysis of financial performance and variances to support strategic decision-making.
- Collaborate with department heads to ensure alignment between financial goals and operational objectives.
- Financial Reporting:
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements for the division.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and other relevant accounting standards.
- Communicate financial results and insights to senior management.
- Internal Controls and Compliance:
- Establish and maintain robust internal controls to safeguard company assets.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies.
- Conduct periodic internal audits to identify and address potential issues.
- Cost Management:
- Analyze cost structures and identify opportunities for cost optimization.
- Work closely with operational teams to monitor and control production costs.
- Implement cost accounting methodologies to enhance financial visibility.
- Team Leadership:
- Lead and mentor the finance team, fostering a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Provide guidance and training to ensure the team's professional development.
- CPA Designation and 8+ years of progressive experience in financial management, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working cross-functionally with operations in a support function.
- Strong understanding of costing, inventory management, and KPIs relevant to financial performance in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting requirements.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to manage and develop a high-performing team.