Hamilton, ON CA
Our established food processing client is a world leader in their industry. Due to growth/expansion, they have an immediate opening for a FLOUR MILLER for their plant in Hamilton. This hands-on position is suitable for someone with 2 or more years of milling experience and (preferably) holds a diploma or equivalent training in flour milling technology.
What our client can offer you:
- Competitive salary based on relevant experience
- Company paid benefits and bonus
- Stable hours with lots of overtime available
- Fantastic team, great people!
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a reputable, stable and GROWING Canadian company. Interested and qualified candidates please APPLY TODAY or email Karen and quote job #5680.
- Supervise shift staff while maintaining a safe working environment at a high standard of housekeeping and sanitation in accordance with SQF (Safe Quality Food) and Food Safety procedures
- Receiving incoming raw materials
- Drying and steam treatment of all raw materials
- Ensures production activities are timely and completed with established Quality and Food Safety standards and procedures
- Monitor, control and focus on improving efficiencies of the mill through communication, troubleshooting and working with staff
- Ensure Health & Safety programs, policies, and procedures are being followed
- Liaise with production, transportation and maintenance on flour needs and downtime
- Monitor and operate milling and packing equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance and sanitation cleaning activities on equipment as required
- Verify production inventory and report mill performance
- Works closely with mill staff to ensure accuracy of lot numbers, weight review, and product quality
HOURS - rotating shifts, Monday to Friday: One week each of day shift, afternoon shift and night shift. Weekends - usually scheduled to work one weekend per month.
- Minimum of 2 years milling experience
- A Diploma or equivalent training in flour milling technology considered to be an asset
- High School graduate
- Ability to work a rotating shift (one week each on days, afternoons and nights), plus one weekend a month
- Ability to trouble-shoot and problem solve independently
- Strong organization and planning skills, high attention to detail
- Competent oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel
- Lives within a reasonable commuting distance to Hamilton
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Manager, Recruitment